At Exo, privacy is our bread and butter. As a result, we set a high standard for ourselves for protecting the privacy of our clients' information.
Privacy at Exo
Exo is a product by Faraday HQ (Faraday). At Faraday, our core mission is to help high-risk individuals enhance their digital privacy. As a result, we hold ourselves to a high standard for protecting the privacy of your information. We want to be transparent about the choices and rights you retain, how we collect, handle, use, and secure your information; and, how you can help us protect your privacy. We actively work to maintain compliance with the Privacy Act 2020 (NZ), Privacy Act 1988 (Australia), and GDPR.
This page dives into:
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights regarding that information, including how to access, update, or delete your information.
- The steps we take to protect your information.
Data Processor means: each of the following: Appointlet, Netlify, Proton.
Personal Information means: any identifying information about you. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: email address; and name.
Services means: all services provided by Faraday to you, including (but not limited to) this Website and the following: Delivery of our services.
Website means: yourexo.co
Indigenous Data Sovereignty
Faraday acknowledges that Māori data is subject to the rights articulated in Te Tiriti o Waitangi that we honour and give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi in all it does; and those proffered by Te Mana Rauanga.
The Māori data gathered in the course of our services is in line with Māori data sovereignty principles, a living taonga and is of strategic value to Māori. It is important to safeguard the inherent rights and interests Māori have in relation to the collection, ownership and application of Māori data within our services.
We will identify and manage our responsibilities in respect of Māori data utilised when undertaking our services in accordance with the principles of Māori data sovereignty.
We only collect and use Personal Information to the extent necessary to provide you with the Services where you explicitly interact or contact us, or where you begin and maintain a commercial relationship with us. We do not collect Personal Information while on our Website.
Storage and Retention
We keep Personal Information for the shortest time necessary to provide you with Services and to meet all our legal and compliance obligations. To determine this retention period, we take into account: (i) the nature of the Personal Information gathered; and (ii) the nature of our legal and compliance obligations. All Personal Information no longer required by us is destroyed.
Access and Control
With respect to Personal Information we hold, you have the following rights:
- Access: You may request from us access to your data that we hold on you.
- Rectification: If the data we hold on you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct it. If the data we hold is incomplete, you may request that we complete it.
- Erasure: Subject to certain conditions, you may request that we erase all of the data we hold on you.
Restrictions: Subject to certain conditions, you may request that we restrict the processing of data we hold on you.
- Portability: Subject to certain conditions, you may request that we transfer all the data we hold on you to a third party or to you directly.